Sunday 24 July 2016

Day 24, Thai is back on!


The container comes to the table.

Tonight being Sunday, is the most likely night for me to order take away food. Taking it easy in front of a movie, mentally preparing for a busy day tomorrow, who really wants to cook?

Take-out has been off the radar this month, as I mentioned this time last week, the plastic toll that gets carried home with the food has always made me squirm as the multitude of containers go into the recycling bin at the end. However that all changes tonight! I'm very happy to say that I have the perfect solution and it went down better than I could have imagined at my local, Ing Doi Thai.

I packed my trusty insulated bag I got from the Vic Market years ago with three pyrex containers (yes, with plastic lids), and handed them over as I made my order. There was barely a blink as they took my bag away into the kitchen and handed back to me ten minutes later, ready to go. In fact It was such a smooth transaction, I detected an almost familial, warm smile as she handed it to me, as if to say, 'yeah this is what we all do'. Maybe i'm reading too much in to it but it felt bloody satisfying. I wish I started doing this years ago. I forget about the little sauce containers, so I did receive a little plastic, but i'll wash and re-use next time.

The dishes I used were approximately the same size and shape as the plastic ones they usually give out. I got mine from David Jones however, I've seen them in many places. Best of all, the food was hotter than when carried home in plastic and we ate from the glass instead of transferring to plates.

Please do this, you will only wonder why you never did before.


Plastic take-out... never again!

No comments:

Post a Comment