Thursday 30 June 2016

Day 1, Getting started





Avoiding supermarket plastic is my first challenge today.

My starting point was The Source in Smith St with a bag full of empty tomato jars leftover from making pasta sauce. A great place to buy bulk food items as well as some soaps and cleaners too, that are usually packaged in plastic. Thank god they sell good chocolate, otherwise i'm not going to cope.

They have many stores around Australia, more opening soon.

Note big bag of flour and pyrex storage containers from home so I can get sliced ham and snags from the butcher without getting bags. They were cool about it. Babkas bread, not shown - had to ask for no sticky tape when they wrapped it!

Annoying things today:

• I bought a USB cord for my bike and forgot to think about its packaging - nearly returned it but took it on the chin. It'll be in my sin bin :(

• Even apples from the corner fruiterer have little plastic stickers on them :(

• Made Gia porridge with banana and honey, she said it looked like vomit!

No comments:

Post a Comment