Saturday 9 July 2016

Day 9, Saturday - Off to the coast

I love Maria the milk lady, who in turn loves Mozzarella. We have a bit of a three way thing going on :/
Today, we're off to Apollo Bay, stopping off to pick up supplies at The Source, Babka and La Latteria.

I don't seem to be missing any of the goods that I used to buy in plastic: rice crackers are off the menu, along with all supermarket crackers, chips, bread, noodles, tofu, yoghurt, juice, fancy butter, cheese portions, meat, breakfast cereal, etc,etc. I now travel to various shops and take my own containers to refill.

What endures, however, is a happy contentment that my shopping choices are aligning with my values. In the past, I have always felt somewhat icky walking into a big supermarket to do a big shop, knowing that my choices are limited and that they exercise their market power to force suppliers to conform to their demands — milk prices anyone?

Have a look at this FB post I wrote a few weeks ago:

No comments:

Post a Comment