Monday 11 July 2016

Day 11, Return to Civillisation?

The view from our walk this morning - click to enlarge.
It's good to get away but it's confronting to encounter people who think radically different from you. I love my tribe, yes that's probably you folks.

The other day, I  wandered into a store on Gertrude Street and got into casual chit-chat with the girl behind the counter. When I saw a little display of funky shoe laces in plastic tubes, I remarked that I always thought an on-line shoe lace store would be a good thing - to keep those fancy runners with unique laces looking good. She then replied, "why wouldn't you just buy new shoes?" I had a bit of a brain melt at that. Had no idea where to start - I got outta there.

I have encounters like this in small ways and large, many times throughout my day, do you?

For a no-plastic campaign, it makes it easy to eat out, where someone else does the cooking and washing up and I expect they're buying in bulk too which means less packaging. May be a good strategy.

The weather was exceptionally crappy, though didn't really mind so much, so lovely to be down the coast. On the day of departure, the sun came out and a brilliant morning rainbow connected land and sea. The image above looks like album artwork for maybe the KLF.

I notice the amount of plastic I see in the environment, washed up on the beach, in a creek, and I wonder how it got there.

No comments:

Post a Comment